Most people are familiar with the title travel agent, but in August 2018 the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) rebranded as the American Society of Travel Advisors.
Why the name change, because as Travel Advisors we do much more than sell travel. There are many reasons to use a Travel Advisor, but here is what I believe are the most important:
1. We are experts at what we do! We provide a human-to-human connection, and are with you from beginning to end because we are:
- Passionate about travel and love what we do
Professionals and have experience and knowledge about travel and destinations
- We don’t sell travel—we sell experiences that create memories.
2. We provide personalized services:
- We work with you to create the perfect trip, or we will help you decide where to go
- Regardless of how you travel, we put together seamless and individualized itineraries
- We help you maneuver away from the over-crowded/touristed destinations.
3. We have access to information not available to others:
We have insider access and contacts
We know that the most affordable rates are not always found online
We have first-hand knowledge of cruises, destinations, and resorts.
4. We are accessible:
You will always get the same person every time you call
We monitor our messages 24/7/365 and will respond to you within 24-clock hours
We save you time and stress!
I hope you found this information useful and will call Travel P.L.U.S. Travel Agency to book your next vacation or business travel.
Until next time…
I’m Oreitha Perkins, Travel Advisor-Owner of Travel P.L.U.S. Travel Agency
Where Pleasure + Leisure = Ultimate Satisfaction